Chloramphenicol, also known as Chloromycetin, Chlornitromycin, or Levomycetin, is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. USP Grade Chloramphenicol is often used for bacterial selection in molecular biology applications at 10-20 μg/mL and as a selection agent for transformed cells containing chloramphenicol resistance genes.
Chloramphenicol is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that inhibits translation on the 50S ribosomal subunit at the peptidyltransferase step and prevents attachment of aminoacyl tRNA to the ribosome. It is usually bacteriostatic and effective against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative organisms. In addition, Chloramphenicol exhibits anti-rickettsial activity and is active against chlamydias of the psittacosis-lymphogranuloma group. Chloramphenicol acetyltransferase (CAT) catalyzes the acetylation of chloramphenicol, causing resistance to chloramphenicol. Chloramphenicol is often used for bacterial selection in molecular biology applications at 10-20 μg/mL and as a selection agent for transformed cells containing chloramphenicol resistance genes.
- High-quality raw materials, all antibiotic product raw materials are sourced from high-quality fixed suppliers
- Standardized production, using factory mass production mode
- Wide range of applications, which can be used in the fields of molecular biology and biochemical experimental research of tissue culture
- The cooperation platform covers the whole
- To ensure product quality stability, the difference between batches is controlled within 1%
- Screening of stably transfected cell lines
- Used for sterilization in cell culture
|Synonyms||Chloromycetin, Chlornitromycin, Levomycetin>|
|60205||Chloramphenicol, USP Grade||5 g||25 g||100 g|
Shipping and Storage
The product is shipped with ice packs and can be stored at 2℃~8℃ for 2 years.
 Li Z, Zhang L, Song Q, et al. Proteomics Analysis Reveals Bacterial Antibiotics Resistance Mechanism Mediated by ahslyA Against Enoxacin in Aeromonas hydrophila. Front Microbiol. 2021;12:699415. Published 2021 Jun 8. doi:10.3389/fmicb.2021.699415(IF:5.640)
 Xu R, Li D, Peng J, Fang J, Zhang L, Liu L. Cloning, expression and antioxidant activity of a novel collagen from Pelodiscus sinensis. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;32(6):100. doi:10.1007/s11274-016-2057-9(IF:1.532)