Puromycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic produced by fermentation and metabolism of Streptomyces alboniger, which kills Gram-positive bacteria, and various animal and insect cells by inhibiting protein synthesis. Puromycin is effective against E. coli in some cases. The mechanism is that puromycin is an analogue of the 3´ terminal of aminoyl-TrNA molecules, which can bind to the A site of the ribosome and be incorporated into the extended peptide chain. After puromycin binds to the A site, it will not participate in any subsequent reactions, resulting in premature termination of protein synthesis and release of immature polypeptides containing puromycin at the C-terminus. Puromycin at a concentration of 1-10 µg/mL can successfully screen resistant wall mammalian cells, while puromycin at a low concentration of 0.5-2 µg/mL can successfully screen suspension cells.
This product is a stock solution of puromycin hydrochloride solution dissolved in distilled water, with a concentration of 10 mg/mL (10 mg/mL in H2O), and can be directly diluted with a culture medium or other buffer solutions. Suitable for cell culture, the common working concentration is 1~10 µg/mL.
- High-quality raw materials, all antibiotic product raw materials are sourced from high-quality fixed suppliers
- Standardized production, using factory mass production mode
- Wide range of applications, which can be used in the fields of molecular biology and biochemical experimental research of tissue culture
- The cooperation platform covers the whole
- To ensure product quality stability, the difference between batches is controlled within 1%
- Screening of stably transfected cell lines
- Used for sterilization in cell culture
|Synonym||Puromycin 2HCl; CL-13900; CL13900 dihydrochloride|
|Concentration||10 mg/mL (soluble in H2O)|
|Molecular weight||544.43 g/mol|
|60209||Puromycin (Solution 10 mg/mL)||1×1 mL||5×1 mL||10×1 mL||50×1 mL|
The product should be stored at -25℃ ~ -15℃ for one year. Store away from light.