Tetracycline HCl is a broad-spectrum polyketide antibiotic produced by the Streptomyces genus of Actinobacteria, exhibiting activity against a wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It exerts a bacteriostatic effect on bacteria by binding reversible to the bacterial 30S ribosomal subunit and blocking incoming aminoacyl tRNA from binding to the ribosome acceptor site. It also binds to some extent to the bacterial 50S ribosomal subunit and may alter the cytoplasmic membrane causing intracellular components to leak from bacterial cells. In cell biology, Tetracycline hydrochloride is commonly used as a selective agent for cells transformed with tetR gene. It is recommended for use in cell culture applications at 5-10 μg/mL.
- High-quality raw materials, all antibiotic product raw materials are sourced from high-quality fixed suppliers
- Standardized production, using factory mass production mode
- Wide range of applications, which can be used in the fields of molecular biology and biochemical experimental research of tissue culture
- The cooperation platform covers the whole
- To ensure product quality stability, the difference between batches is controlled within 1%
- Broad spectrum antibiotics.
|Synonyms||Tetracycline hydrochloride, Tetracycline HCl, NCI-c55561, Achromycin V|
|Potency (Anhydrous)||≥ 900 mcg/mg|
|Solubility||Soluble in water, DMSO and methanol|
|60212||Tetracyclin HCl, USP Grade||25 g||100 g|
Shipping and Storage
The product is shipped with dry ice and can be stored at -15℃ ~ -25℃ for two years. Aqueous stock solutions can be stored at -15℃ ~ -25℃ for one year.